“Recognizing the past by Pulling Together to enhance understanding between Public Service Agencies and Aboriginal Peoples by Canoeing the traditional highway, strengthening our future relations”
The Pulling Together 2017 Panning Committee and the Pulling Together Canoe Society are happy to announce the dates for The Pulling Together Canoe Journey 2017 with some importan dates to take note of.
Dates: for the Pulling Together Canoe Journey 2017 – July 5-15, 2017
Location: Sunshine Coast to Vancouver
Squamish First Nation, West Vancouver Police Department and Royal Canadian Navy are working collaboratively to plan the 17th annual Pulling Together Canoe Journey, building true reconciliation from a grass roots level. This year’s journey will see up to 30 canoes filled with First Nations’, Public Service Agencies and youth paddlers, traveling the traditional highways from the Sunshine Coast to the City of Vancouver.
Key Dates and Information:
– We are still confirming camping spots and water route. Itinerary announcement – tentatively March 15th ,2017.
– PT 2017 Planning Committee and PTCS are working with BC Ferries regarding reservations/costs.
– Canoe Family Applications will be distributed: February 6th and due: March 17th.
– Canoe Families will be notified by March 31st on the status of their application
– $500 Non-Refundable Fee for each Canoe Family Registration
– Individual Registrations will be distributed: April 3rd and due: May 19th
– $175 per individual registration
Skippers and Canoe Leaders Meeting
– Saturday May 27th from 1:00-3:00 pm in Vancouver *TBD – Location
Contacts: Planning Committee: Jeff Wood at 604-862-0034
Pulling Together Canoe Society: Rhiannon Bennett at 778-881-1542